23 February 2014

banana walnut bread


oh hello.

another day where I waste precious studying time to bake (and to eat)

case in point:
(studying vs. baking - you can obviously see which one won)



I love bananas.

I love walnuts.

Banana & walnuts? Perfect match made in heaven. I'm not entirely sure how my dieting is working out when I'm having salads for lunch yet baking something every other day........and my baked goods is not what you'd label as 'healthy'

Because I felt bad so I used vegetable oil in place of butter instead. Makes me feel 5% better about it so it's all good.

The recipe should yield one 8" loaf....I think. I don't actually know the measurement of my loaf pan. I just know it's the smallest one from the store I bought from :/ But you can definitely make them as muffins!!! Whatever floats your boat!


Recipe:
(Makes one 8"loaf)

210g plain flour
200g sugar (you can always reduce this! #"healthy")
100g vegetable oil
3 ripe bananas (mashed)
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 eggs 
2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 
50 to 100g of walnuts (it's up to you how much you love walnuts really)

1. Preheat your oven to 175Âșc 
2. Line your pan with parchment paper, but it's really unnecessary if its non-stick 
3. Mix a few tablespoons of flour with your walnuts together, so that your walnuts won't sink to the bottom of your bread. 
3. In a nice big bowl, whisk together the sugar and oil. Add the eggs, mix, add bananas and vanilla extract, mix. 
4. Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt and mix together nicely. Then add your walnut + flour mixture. Don't over mix it! Lastly, add the milk. 
5. Pour batter into your pan, shove the pan into the oven (by shove I really mean with TLC). Let it bake for 1 hour, checking it with a satay stick in the center. If there's wet batter on it then you're definitely not done cooking. 
6. Let it cool before eating! 

Best served with a drizzle of maple syrup. Ahhh...


Let me go think of what I'll bake this week. Exams on Monday and Friday, so I've got all the time in the world in between. And will be needing a lot of coffee this week. It's not good that a Starbucks just opened up 5 minutes away from me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment